Lori is available to develop and provide nutrition and lifestyle education programs for your group, large or small.
- Presentation on a specific nutrition topic for 30 minutes up to 2 hours
- Program that includes several topics over several hours or in weekly or monthly sessions and may include additional presenters.
Lori’s presentations and programs are interactive and may include demonstrations of preparing healthy foods, taste testing, mindfulness exercises, physical activity practices.
Presentations in the past have been to healthcare professionals, mom’s groups, sports’ teams, corporate staffs, groups of individuals with pre-diabetes and with diabetes. Groups have included anywhere from 4 people to several hundred people.
For information on scheduling Lori to present to your group, contact her at [email protected]
Sampling of Presentations Lori has done:
- Meeting Energy and Protein Needs of Children on Dialysis and Nutrition Management of the Adolescent Dialysis Patient. February 2004 (Annual Dialysis Conference, New Orleans, Louisiana, presented by University of Missouri, Division of Nephrology)
- Pediatric Renal Nutrition, May 2005 (National Kidney Foundation Meetings, Washington DC)
- Tube Feeding and Transition to Oral Feeding, 2004 and 2005 (Assuring Pediatric Nutrition in the Community Workshop, Seattle Washington)
- Infant and Pediatric Formula, October 2008 (Idaho WIC Conference, Boise, Idaho)
- Functional Foods, March 2010 (Athletic Club of Bend)
- Healthy and Enjoyable Nutrition, June 2011 (Clear One Insurance Members meeting)
- Nourishing Young Athletes, Nutritional Issues for Girls in Endurance Sports, for Parents and Coaches at Fast and Female workshop, May 2012 (Athletic Club of Bend)
- Pediatric Weight Management for Pediatricians, April 2015 (Central Oregon Pediatric Associates staff)
- Turning the Tide of Childhood Obesity, September, 2016 (American Association of Diabetes Educators–Oregon annual meeting, Salishan, OR)
- Nutrition for Adults with Progressive, Neurological Impairment, May 2018, (Destination Rehab monthly meeting).
Multi-part Programs Lori has Developed
Healthy Bodies, Healthy Minds, Healthy Spirits, a multiweek program with multiple instructors to help individuals to holistically improve lifestyle habits. September-October 2010, First Presbyterian Church, Bend, OR
Diabetes Education Program, AADE Accredited comprehensive diabetes education program, December 2015- April 2018 (Central Oregon Nutrition Consultants, Bend, OR)