- Healthy Diet and Regular Physical Activity are keys to physical and mental health
- A nutrition counselor must listen and learn from her clients in order to be effective
- Eating and drinking are a part of the social and cultural fabric of communities–more than just nourishment
- Healthy eating can be a part of any social or cultural tradition
- Risk of chronic disease can be decreased through change in diet and physical activity
- Diets do not work, but there are ways to change eating and activity habits to lower body weight and improve health and well being
- There are many programs that can help a person to lose weight, BUT any program worth its salt focuses on sustainable, lifelong change!